Protecting Our Heritage for the Future
Making a provision in our will for causes and organisations which are important to us, is something more of us are doing. The impact of legacies is profound and can have a real step-change effect on the charities we care about.
After providing for our loved ones, we may have an opportunity to make an impactful gift to people and places that have shaped our lives. Legacy gifts like these help to protect and preserve those important experiences and safeguard those resources for future generations.
A Gift to Future Generations
When you include a bequest to the Irish Heritage Trust, you are honouring the past and making a gift to future generations.
- Legacy gifts help care for some of Ireland’s most significant heritage properties so they are available for centuries to come.
- They support education projects that stimulate curiosity and learning about history and the natural world.
- They underpin the community engagement work we pursue through our vibrant events and local volunteering programmes.
Dedicate your Legacy Gift
If you would like to leave a gift in your will to the Irish Heritage Trust, you can choose to dedicate your bequest to a specific project or heritage initiative.
- You may decide to focus your generosity on art or garden conservation or the preservation of the National Famine Archive, for example.
- You can specify which of our properties you would like to benefit.
- Or you may choose to make a broad contribution to the valuable work we do to bring Ireland’s history and contemporary culture and communities to life.
In Memory Donations
You may wish to make your legacy gift in memory of someone close to you – we would be happy to discuss what may be possible to honour this. Please email our Head of Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement for a confidential discussion.
You can also honour the memory of someone close to you by making a direct in memory gift, in their name, to the work of the Irish Heritage Trust (or any particular Trust property) by completing the online donation form.
Irish Heritage Legacy Society Member
By leaving a legacy gift in this way, you will become a member of the Irish Heritage Legacy Society and will be invited to a special Trust Gathering of Thanks each year.
Leaving a Legacy to the Irish Heritage Trust is a philanthropic investment in the future of our shared Heritage.
If you would like to chat about leaving a Legacy to the Irish Heritage Trust, contact Paul McCarthy, Head of Philanthropy & Supporter Engagement.
We are a proud member of my legacy, an umbrella group of over 90 national and local charities throughout Ireland. My legacy exists to increase the power of legacy giving now to benefit our future society.
Thanks to the generosity of Fingal County Council, we are thrilled to be establishing a significant new cultural hub at No.11 Parnell Square East in Dublin. No.11 The Home Of Poetry and Heritage will be a cultural and heritage space shared by Poetry Ireland, The Irish Heritage Trust and the Irish Landmark Trust.
The Irish Heritage Trust is an independent registered charity governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees and guided by the Code of Good Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland.
Charity Regulatory Authority Number: 20061609
Revenue Charity Number: 16848
VAT Number: 9571484R
Company Registration Office Number: 422959